Membership of Sport Milton Keynes is open to all ‘not for profit organisations’ within the Milton Keynes Boundaries.
The organisation’s sport must be recognised by Sport England
Our membership runs annually from 1st April to 31st March and we charge £30 membership fee.
Today, over 100 MK-based clubs have access to support, grant funding, training and coach bursaries.
The Sport MK Annual Achiever Awards help recognise the effort and dedication from people, especially volunteers which keeps sport in MK vibrant and exciting, and provides a grass roots foundation which underpins Milton’s Keynes ambition to become internationally recognised for sporting excellence.
We work on behalf of our benefactors to enable Grant Aid to Affiliated Clubs or Athletes –
We offer Grants for a variety of reasons including,
- Start-up Grants (for new clubs),
- Grants for equipment and
- Grants for Coaching Assistance.
Note: We normally limit these grants to a maximum of £500 but we can recommend higher amounts through our benefactors.
For the Athletes:
We provide Bursary Grants up to £300 per athlete annually if the athlete is of National or International Standard
- these grants must be applied for through the athletes own club or
- they can be recommended via their sports National Bodies through Sports Aid.
Note: We limit Bursary Grants to a maximum of 2 athletes per club.
- We organise a variety of Courses including, Football Coaching, First Aid, Emergency Life Support, and Child Protection
- We give awards for Sports Achiever of the Month and Sports Achiever of The Year.
- We hold a Presentation Evening for the End of Year Awards Ceremony for our award winners and monthly achievers. These are extremely popular events where attendance is limited to some 300 people through size of venue.
We are proud to have provided support to over 130 clubs to date.
To apply for membership please download an application form on our Application Forms page (Click Here)
All Sport Milton Keynes Affiliations should be sent to Christine Allsopp (Treasurer) Contact details are email@example.com or the address on the form
The Executive Committee, elected annually at the Annual General Meeting , meets on a regular basis to ratify the working of the subcommittees, control finances and operate the day-to-day running of Sport Milton Keynes.