SPORT MILTON KEYNES – GRANT CRITERIA
The following is a guide to the criteria the Grants Panel use when considering applications. Each application is considered on its individual merits and contribution to the Milton Keynes sporting community.
- The Affiliation Fee is £30 p.a. for the year from 1st April to 31st March.
- Grant or Bursary applications may be from a school, sports club, breakfast and/or after school club.
- In order to be considered by the Grants Panel, applications must be completed on the appropriate Sport Milton Keynes form and supported by the required documentary evidence. These forms are available from www.sportmk.co.uk and should be sent by e-mail only. All applications should be typed. Handwritten applications will be rejected. If help is required to complete an application or if internet access is not available, please contact one of the Grants Panel members for assistance.
- Each Grant application is assessed monthly and a decision confirmed by the Executive Committee. They may wish to contact the club to help them in reaching their decision.
Applications are considered for the following:
- Start-up Grants up to £500 for newly formed clubs with bank account, constitution, etc.
- Recognised Coaching courses – at the discretion of the Grants Panel.
- Initiatives benefiting the community (e.g. First Aid, Safeguarding Children, Leadership Courses.)
- Equipment up to a maximum of £500. A breakdown of costs will need to be itemised on the Grant application form. We exclude clothing, general maintenance/repairs, equipment replacement costs, wages and rent.
- The Grants Panel has the discretion to award larger Grants up to £2000.
- Applications from schools must show benefit to both students and the wider Milton Keynes sporting community.
- Bursaries for talented individuals who reside within the Milton Keynes Unitary Authority boundary. The Grants Panel has discretion on residency when temporary educational/coaching needs take them out of the area. The maximum award is £300. This must be applied for and supported by a senior club official. The Bursary will be paid directly to the club, who will then pass the award on to the individual.
Normally a maximum of two Grants and two Bursaries will be awarded to an Affiliated Club in any one year. All Grant applications (not Bursaries) must be matched by at least a 25% contribution from the Club. This also applies to any large Grants awarded. The Grants Panel has the discretion to vary this in exceptional circumstances.
In the event of an application being rejected, the member will be notified and where possible, alternative sources of funding will be suggested.
It is a condition of the Grant and/or Bursary that the recipient will be asked to provide feedback on performance associated with the award. An ‘End of Grant’ form should be completed and returned to Sport Milton Keynes. Not returning this form will affect whether future Grants are awarded. Grants to an affiliated club for the same project or to an individual may not necessarily be repeated each year.
Should the Club cease to exist within twelve months, this must be communicated as soon as possible to Sport Milton Keynes. Any money not used for the stated purposes of the grant should be returned. If the grant has been used for equipment then the club together with Sport Milton Keynes will seek to re-distribute this within the local sporting community.