We aim to promote good governance as well as dealing with aspects of poor practice. Through our work with social enterprises we are in a position to promote the wider sustainability agenda.
We will assess the environmental impacts of our activities and set objectives and targets in order to improve our environmental performance. We will regularly review these targets.
- Promote responsibility for the environment within the organisation and communicate and implement this policy at all levels.
- Reduce the use of energy, water and other resources where possible.
- Minimise waste by reduction, re-use and recycling methods.
- Comply with all relevant environmental legislation/regulation.
- Ensure that our policies and services are developed in a way that complements this statement.
- Not prioritise funding needs ahead of sustainability requirements.
- Encourage all grant recipients to commit to the sustainable development philosophy.
- Provide appropriate resources to meet the commitments of this policy.
- Promote and encourage involvement in local environmental initiatives/schemes.